Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I can wrap!


If I ever get a Food Network TV show it's going to be totally dedicated to comfort food. I don't really like to make anything else, even the new things that I make or create are things that have their roots in the foods that bring me comfort. I think the chance of me getting a Food Network TV show are about as good as me winning the power ball lottery, seeing as how I have NEVER bought at ticket. It's fun to dream and of course criticize the celebrities that I watch on my favorite network.

When I go to parties and see pinwheels I usually jump right on them. I love the creamy, savory textures mixed with the little bit of salsa that I like to dip it in. They are certainly one of my favorite party foods. I updated my normal recipe for pinwheels this week and came up with this recipe for our staff snack lunch honoring a new employee just hired. I am not saying that my old pinwheels will be shelved, but I will certainly be adding this one to the list and now offer two!

Garden Wheels

8 oz. Sour Cream

8 oz. Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
8 oz. Mexican Blend Cheese

4 oz. Chopped Black Olives
4 oz. Chopped Green Chil
ies
2 tsp. Fresh Cracked Pepper
1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash
6 Miss
ion Sun-dried Tomato Basil tortilla Wraps

In a large bowl add Sour Cream and cream cheese with pepper and Mrs. Dash, stirring well to combine. Add black olives, green chilies, and cheese, stirring well to combine. Place approximately one cup of mixture on one tortilla and spread evenly. Repeat until all tortillas are used, roll tortilla tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator at least an hour or over night. To serve, unwrap each tortilla and cut into 1/2 inch coins using a serrated knife. Arrange on platter and serve with salsa.




No comments: